Thursday, November 11, 2010

Go Global/Go Green!

Last night I attended the Global Fashion Awards at the Waldorf=Astoria. 
A gorgeous event!

Here we are outside. Photo by my husband, Paul Van Ravenstein
Note Anna's silver gown by Zac Posen and my attempt to "go green" for the night in a flowing teal chiffon gown by Stephen Burrows
Mr. Burrows was also there looking fabulous--as always--in black tie!
Many thanks to the brilliant Karen Erickson at Showroom Seven for the beautiful (last-minute!) earrings that topped off my look so perfectly! 

I had a lovely talk with Harold Tillman, head of the Fashion Council. It's wonderful what he's doing for young people.

What a thrill! Standing between my daughter, Anna, and Nigel Barker to present the "Sustainable Retailer/Brand Award"--which went to People Tree, who also took home "Most Influential Fashion Label."   
(Photo by Paul Van Ravenstein)

When I got up onstage the teleprompter decided not to work for me--AND I had left the script back at my table! A great lesson reinforced: If you don't have the words in your head or your heart, it don't mean a thing! 

Lots of flashbulbs. Feeling like a moth to the light.  
As we used to say in the 70's: TO DIE FOR!!!
Love it!
(Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images North America.)



3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you improvised beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful story. You are a fabulous supermodel and a great inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete